Thursday 26 September 2013



Chapter Twenty Five: The Miss That Was A Hit!





She saw the gap reducing between them. She felt the wall behind her as he plastered his body against hers. Her heart thudded violently as his dense dark eyes pierced in her. His heated breaths hovered ruthlessly on her face making her gasp & shriek. She felt her hands engulfing around his neck as his breaths made patterns on her shoulders. Her chest heaved up & down as he traced his lips sensually across her collarbone....Maan again looked into her hooded dazed eyes...Geet felt her knees weaken more...Her nerves knotted when his fingers touched her face, making their way from her temple to her chin. And without a second delay, he captured her lips with his------

“MAAN!!!!!!!!!!”

Geet woke up with a start! She looked around her to find no one except her in the room. She was panting heavily before she realized that was just a DREAM! And yes, she recollected she was presently in Khurana Mansion!

“I shouldn’t have come over here!” she thought holding her head in her hands, “Maan has not only entered my thoughts but also my dreams now! Babaji!!what’s happening!!! ”

After freshening up, Geet sat to wear her lenses. But to her utter astonishment, she discovered that the lenses were not there in the container!

“Where are my lenses???!!!!” she panicked greatly, “I had kept them in here as usual yesterday night!”

Her hands ran cold & she froze in fear. Her life was a dead end without her lenses....

Gathering herself, she walked out of the room. She could not see anything clearly. The corridors looked vague & distorted....Just then she saw a blur image of a figure coming in her direction.

“What happened Geet bete? ” came Dadima’s sweet voice, “You look worried!”

Dadima was carrying Bilbur in her arms. The goat bleated painfully.

“What happened to Bilbur??” asked Geet.

“He is unwell!” sighed Dadima, ”I had gone to the Vet. He says that Bilbur has swallowed some optic substance!”

Geet was aghast hearing that.
“That means...that means Bilbur swallowed my lenses!!! And...and...and new lenses will be ready after four days!!!!” she covered her mouth in anguish.

Kamini, who was eavesdropping everything, snickered! She walked away smirking....! 

“What are you saying Geet bete?” asked Dadima, shocked, “But how come that’s possible?”

“I...I don’t know how it happened....” her voice was chocked, “Dadima, I’m sorry Bilbur fell ill because of me!”

Seeing her full of remorse, Dadima shook her head,

“Geet! You don’t have to say sorry! And I think, you have spectacles as a substitute for lenses! Rano had told me! You can wear that for the time being! I will make sure your new lenses are ready as early as possible!” she assured lovingly.

                                            ~*~

I look so stupid & ugly in these spectacles...!!

Geet cringed at herself looking in the mirror. She dreaded wearing those heavy fat glasses which were not even a good substitute for her lenses in terms of clarity of vision and also made her look very dumb. She hadn’t worn them since a year. But now she was left with no other option but to wear them.

Just then there was a husky knock on the door. She heard Maan’s voice from outside. Alarmed, Geet immediately took off the spectacles!

“Geet I--”

“Maan, please go from here!!!” she whined.

That shocked him.

“But I--”

“Maine kaha na Maan, leave me alone!!!”

He tried to speak but was interrupted by her everytime. Finally he went away. Geet sighed a relief.

I...I can’t go in front of him wearing these awkward glasses....He will never look at me ever again...!

She grew conscious of her appearance in front of him. She didn’t want Maan to see her in those spectacles under any circumstances!

“I don’t need any spectacles....I will mange without it...After all, its just a matter of four days...just four days.... ”

She tried to ease herself but she knew the next few days would be very tough for her...

She walked through the corridors, cautious enough to not knock herself against the white walls. Then came the staircase that led to the hall downstairs. She was very careful so as to not tumble down. But as fate would have it, she lost her balance not seeing the last two stairs. She shrieked & squeezed her eyes shut but fortunately she landed in Maan’s arms! 

His hands went around her lower back & he leaned over her...When she opened her eyes, the insides of her heart pounded finding him in close proximity. His eyes stared at her in a hooded intense husky manner.  Her nerves fluttered feeling his warm breaths on her lips...He straightened her. Geet unconsciously adjusted her hands on his shoulders & realized it too late that she wasn’t able to take her eyes off him...

Annie had a half smile on her face when she came there & saw them. She coughed out loud enough for them to hear. Geet at once distanced from Maan & diverted her eyes from him! He smirked!

“Geet!! If you have forgotten, let me remind you that you have your presentation today in college.”

Geet covered her mouth in shock hearing her.

“So better wear your spectacles.” added Annie further.

“N-No....I-I don’t want to wear!” she resisted.

“Cool! I would love to see you making a big mess of your presentation live on stage!” Annie mocked but kept quiet after Maan gave her a look.

Geet raced upstairs.

                                              ~*~

“If I don’t wear my glasses, I won’t be able give my presentation....& I can’t afford to lose marks....”

Geet thought sadly & helplessly wore the fat spectacles. She didn’t even want to look at herself in the mirror. Maan was leaning against the door. So when Geet turned around, she was shocked to see him. She stood there rooted to the floor, not knowing what to do when he began walking towards her.  Her eyes looked down. She didn’t want him to see her in those glasses. She felt very much embarrassed of her appearance that she wanted to dig a deep hole in a wall & hide there forever!

Her nerves ran cold feeling his nearness. Her eyes were closed & her breaths turned shallow as his light stubble slightly grazed past her cheek and then she could feel his hot breaths on her earlobe that unsteadied her beats...

“I am thinking of a prank with which I can ruin your presentation!” his alluring voice was heard.

Geet snapped her eyes open & looked at him. There was the same amount of mischief in his orbs & his lips had curled up in a husky smirk like always. So does that mean whatever she wears or however she looks doesn’t make a difference to him? Geet felt immense joy & relief coursing the veins of her heart. But WAIT A MINUTE!!!!What did he just SAY????!!!! Geet frowned hard!

“Listen Mr Maan Singh Khurana!!, I am boycotting you right now!!”

“Geet wait---”

He followed her out!

Kamini, who witnessed them, stomped her foot at the failure of the plan. Even Simi fumed big time with jealousy seeing Maan & Geet together in car.

“Crap!!!!!  What the hell does MK see in this trash!!!!! I had thought after seeing her in these spectacles, he will kick her out of his life!!!!!” Simi clenched her fists, “I will not Geet take away what is mine!!!!!!!!!”

                                                 ~*~


Maan halted the car a little away from the college gates.  Geet was about to move out but she didn’t. She was sulking.

“I....I can’t give my presentation in these glasses....Everyone will make fun of me when I go on stage....”

Maan smiled quirkily & leaned closer to her.

“People will make fun of you only if you allow them to.”

“Are you fooling me?!!!” she shoved him away.

“Ofcourse Yes! I didn’t know you’re so smart!” he smirked.

She frowned & got out of the car.

                                           ~*~


Inside the auditorium, the presentations had already started. But it did not go as the professors had expected. Not even one student was able to speak properly about the companies allotted to them. Also when the profs asked them intricate details of their research, no one was able to answer as everyone had just mugged up the ready-made information, they had not really worked in the project. One by one all the presentations were rejected...Finally, Geet's turn came.

She was filled with self-doubt hiding in a corner.

“I won’t be able to present...” she sighed consciously.

“So you officially want to label yourself as a loser!!!” remarked Annie sarcastically.

Geet closed her eyes & took a deep breath.

“I have really worked hard on my project....Maan is right!!!If I am confident about myself, no one will have the guts to say a word against me!!!!”

  With that, Geet walked on to the stage & faced the crowd. The first ppt slide flashed on the screen & she started off confidently. She continued with her presentation of KC, speaking fluently with conviction about her research, her learnings, her experiences, keeping everyone engaged to her words. She sailed through the question-answer session, all thanks to the meeting with the HOD's of KC & the interview with Maan.

Geet concluded with a 'Thank You' but the auditorium was still silent with everyone just staring at her. She grew nervous when Annie's claps were first to break the silence & the very next second the entire auditorium was filled with applauses for Geet just as it had did for Maan during his guest lecture...Geet looked at Annie who gave her a ‘Good Job’ look in return!

"Best presentation a student has ever given in my entire career!"

A professor commented. Geet was over-burdened with joy. That was a huge compliment she could ever get. She descended down the stairs. Everyone praised her & Geet knew Maan had helped her one again!

Out of the entire batch, only Geet & Annie's presentations were accepted & were quoted to be the best ones.

It was break time when suddenly Geet began to feel giddy. Annie saw her getting unsteady & rushed to her.

“Geet!! What happened??!! Are you alright??” asked Annie  seeing her in a dizzy state.

“I...I am fine...” Geet replied, holding her temple. Her head was aching.

Annie made her sit & gave her water.

“You don’t look okay, lets go to the doctor!” Annie meant earnestly.

Geet was startled seeing her genuineness.

“No. I’m fine.”

They had their lunch together. Geet felt a bit relieved after the meal.

“You must bunk today’s lectures & take rest.”
“Annie! I’m not able to digest your strange behavior!! You don’t have to take the pain & be concerned about me!” she remarked.

“Oh yes Geet! Thanks for making me realize that!” Annie replied cheekily!

                                                 ~*~~*~

Hostel (Night Time)

“FINALLY!!!” Geet exclaimed, “finally finally finally! I am able to wear my lenses again!!!Yay!!!!”

She was very happy indeed as her new contact lenses were delivered that evening. The past four days without lenses had been really tough, challenging & tiring for her. But everything was now back as before.

Geet rose from her chair & skipped merrily across the room.
“Finally everything is sorted out!! No tensions!! No worries!! I am not in Khurana Mansion so I will be able to get rid of Maan’s thoughts!!Also there is no one to play a prank on me!! Yippeeee!!! Now I have to just relax & have a sound sleep! Right Babaji?”

But her joy & peace was short-lived....

“Knock Knock!!”


Geet was brought to her wits end as the mischievous voice fell on her ears which had a goosebumping effect on her entire body....She gulped her saliva in shock, knowing who it was...She turned to face the source of the husky voice...

Her eyes nearly popped on to the ground seeing him in front of her....Geet stood there like a blank statue....

A reign of shivers claimed her nerves as she discovered her visitor who had just walked in...Errr...jumped in through the window of her hostel room...







1 comment:

  1. whoa.here annie is a darling.god this kamini what is wrong with her?

    ReplyDelete